Followers

Thursday 15 March 2012

Smeared & Smudged Member Blog Hop

Hi

Welcome to the March Member Blog Hop at Smeared & Smudged. The theme this month is "Mixed-Media Mash Up". I decided to alter a coffin. The theme for my coffin is from "Edgar Allen Poe's" - "Premature Burial". I first painted the coffin with brown paint (2 coats). I then made some templates for the inside of the coffin. I took strips of white cotton material and using the background mesh stamp from Smeared Ink's Quoth the Raven, I stamped all over the material, I then used this to cover the templates and then glued them into place inside the coffin. I made a small pillow from the same material. The hand rails and pole holding the bell were made from bamboo skewers cut to size and coloured with a gold promarker. I made the ends of the handrails smaller with a craft knive and then stuck on gold beads. These were glued onto the coffin using a glue gun. The bell was attached with string. I then placed my man into the coffin sitting up and tied the other end of the string to his hand. The coffin lid was glued open using the glue gun. I had a lot of fun making this and hope you like it. The blog hop list is below the photo have fun and don't forget to leave a comment on the participants work.





Blog Roll

I will be entering my coffin into the following challenges:

Take care
Luv Jane xxx

18 comments:

  1. Very unusual and real fun too! Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is freaking brilliant!!!! ~This so rocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan! This is too awesome for WORDS! Love, love, LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cool! I love the way you brought everything together, it makes me smile.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..soft toys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane,
    I so love your coffin and doll, this project turned out great and unusual in a good way!! I love girl great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoWza Jane - totally COZMIC !!! This is a fantastic piece of work.... awesome :-D

    Lovin' the comment too from instantinsurance ??? WTF !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh yeah - Thank you for joining in at Quoth The Raven too :-D !! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane... I LOVE your coffin, it turned out perfect! You are awesome! Hugs and Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project, you are really creative. TFS!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this!!! Jane your premature burial piece is AMAZING!!!! Love all the little details....FAB!
    Thanks for joining us at Quoth the Raven and Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this amazing!! You are one very talented lady! Came over from MIM!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane this really is a brilliant idea...and beautifully executed... you already know i love it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN and SMUDGY ANTICS this week.
    love BDx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane I love this Idea for the premature burial for QTR - was what I was going to attempt, lol. Great way of altering a "plain coffin". Great, realistic looking coffin furniture with the skewers.
    Thank you for sharing this at Smudgy Antics this week as well Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow that totally rocks. I have never seen anyone go as far as putting the outside rails on. that's great looking and so neat. Could you imagine being back in the day and having to pull that bell. Or worse not having one to pull. freaky bad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi

    Great project!

    Make it Monday is a paper craft linky party.

    Please make sure you use paper somewhere on your project. You don't make any reference to paper products in your post. I am assuming that the coffin is made from compressed paper?

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete